Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Flat!

I've patched up my tubes on my mountain bike a bunch of times but never the back tire.

Today on my ride my road bike got it's first flat. And guess where it is? Ding ding ding!

The back! So I wont be commuting to work today because I don't have time to figure it out. I'll do it tomorrow. It will be good experience though.

I knew something was wrong when my back tire was making a different noise. Checked it and it was totally empty. Got out my pump and pumped it up so I could get a little closer to home. Then I walked the rest of the way. Lame!

I'll post how the patching goes tomorrow. I think by the end of the trip I'll be able to patch a tire with my eyes closed.

Dave

1 comment:

hannah said...

i just got a flat, too!
mine was actually because my tire (not inner tube) was old and broke so the pressure popped my tube.
anyway, i had to buy a new tire and that sucked, but i hadn't done any tire repair on skinny wheels yet, so it was good for that experience (i had, however, done the back.. it isn't too hard!)