Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm a bike commuter!

So Monday through Wednesday I rode my bike to work. It wasn't as "creepy" as I thought, riding home at night. My lights were adequate and it's a pretty cool experience. When riding at night it is a good idea to ride to and from during the day so you can know of any bumps or obstacles to watch out for at night.

So I'll pretty much be riding to work for the next couple weeks.

I'm at 83%! If you'd like to donate, you don't have much time. I'm serious!

Today I found some habitat projects that are a couple counties over. The one in a couple weeks is full but I sent them an e-mail anyway. The next one they have is on the 17th of May. The day before I leave. Talk about last minute. It would be awesome if a spot opened up before the 17th.

It's kinda sad that nothing is really happening in my county. 

I just went shopping again to get another load of gear. I think I'm almost finished with the gear list.

I biked 48 miles yesterday. It's pretty flat and I tried to keep a 20 mph pace. Though I sorta bonked 20 miles in. I need to keep more food on me and eat a little throughout the ride. I averaged 17.1 mph.

I did it in 2:49 without stopping though so it wasn't too bad.

So that is the latest update. I should take my camera out when I ride and get some pictures for you guys.

Peace!

3 comments:

hannah said...

holy mother you are fast.
i sit around 13 mph. huzzah.

Lisa. said...

Damn, kid! Save us some food at lunchtime, because you're apparently gonna smoke us slowpokes. :-) I've been working on a 15-16 mph average and the longest ride I've done's only 43 miles...

Dave said...

You guys are doing good. Remember we are all riding different terrain.

15-16 is pretty good. So is 13. Keep riding!