Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beautiful Disaster

Long time, no post. Sorry. Internet shortage. After the 4th we had a 103, 84, 101 and 70 mile days. These were miles going over mountains in Colorado. So long, tough days with beautiful landscapes and great descents.

We went over Monarch Pass which is 11,300 feet. Stopped for lunch and hot chocolate(Thanks Angela!) at the top. A storm started brewing as usual and I left for the 10 mile descent right before it hit.

Rain, wind, taking up the whole lane, going 25-35 down and saying f-it at the bottom where others had stopped to wait it out. I just kept riding and killed it the last 30 miles. Staying around 25-30 the whole way. Getting in first and calling some guy to open up the school for us.

We also had a build day. Doing more flooring just outside of Durango.


These are pictures from my new camera. My old one broke one morning. Just stopped so when I had a chance to go to wal-mart, I picked up a new one. I would have been kicking myself if I didn't get one so the expense was justified.

We go into Arizona tomorrow and I think I'll have even less chance of internet. So it might be awhile until my next post.



3 comments:

ryanellis777 said...

Hey Dave,
The pics are awesome. Keep em coming! Can't wait to see ya when you get back. Have a great ride through Arizona!

John Getchel said...

I am confused by your title. It doesn’t seem like any disaster befell you or your group. As for your camera what happened to the old one and what kind did you get to replace it? Oh and great pictures as usual!

Dave said...

No disaster really, just a song title. I guess the disaster could be all the lame storms.

The old ones lens does not go back into the body. I got a canon IS 790 I think. 10 mp, 3x op, point and shoot. Very similar to my old canon.