Wednesday, May 21, 2008

81 Miles Baby!

Well, things didn't go as planned. I got my bike yesterday around 1 and Hannah got hers at 6. Plus major thunder/lightning storm and a bunch of rain. We decided to get up early today and do it all in one shot.

Got up at 4:45 and left at 5:10. Went 81 miles(my longest ride by about double). Took 6.5 hours, not including two 5-10 minute breaks. It was awesome! Didn't have my camera out because I thought the weather was going to be iffy. Saw some pretty landscapes and got good experience riding on the road.

So we got to orientation and did a bunch of icebreakers in the sand dunes(I'll try and post pictures later) when everyone arrived. Went over rules and stuff like that. We also painted our trailer(again, pictures later). It was fun getting to know my fellow bikers.

Well I'm off to bed. A little tired after getting up before the sun to bike 81 miles.

Tomorrow we are going to a local bike shop to learn more about bike maintenance and going on a 14 mile shakedown ride. Friday is when the real work begins. I think 60+ miles.

Oh, I forgot to mention, instead of 3,400 miles. It's now over 3,700! 4 centuries now and some days have been extended.

Later!

Dave

No comments: