Sunday, June 15, 2008

91, 37, 55


A shot from a whole group ride with some locals during our 91 mile day.

That was the miles ridden over the last 3 days. Today is our first day off. We are here in Germantown which is about 14 miles from Memphis. Rode to the store to pick up some stuff, went to a car show, read a bike magazine. Relaxing day. After this post I'll be cleaning my bike.

Had soda for the first time in 3 years or something like that(figured I'm eating horribly anyway so why not?). Everyone but 3 of us went into town for the night here in Germantown. We stayed in and cooked pasta, garlic bread, corn on the cob, cold root beer from a bottle and tofu ice cream sandwiches. Also watched breaking away, an old cheesy bike movie made in the late 70's.

This morning I made pancakes, not for everyone though as they were all sleeping when I started. Nothing else really exciting to talk about.


Not too many pictures as the scenery isn't all that striking.


One of the roads we were on. Well not actually the road but the speed limit of the road.
Car Show!
Leaving Adamsville


Later!

Dave

3 comments:

GregK said...

Oh damn...I wish I'd known you were going to stay in Germantown! Mary's sister Wendy lives in Collierville -- about two miles north of where you were!

I got your Joby. Now I just need to get over to the stupid post office.

I was wondering what you were doing about the food. Are you staying veg? (I can't imagine you can actually find vegan food...)

toodles!

Dave said...

We actually rode right through Collierville and their testing of the warning system.

One rider is a true vegan and is buying pretty much all her own food.

I on the other hand threw that out the window on May 21st when we arrived for orientation.

GregK said...

Hey Dave,

The Joby is on its way. It is supposed to be at the PO by noon on the 19th, so make noise if you don't get it.

If you call your Dad, he can give you the tracking number.