Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kansas is not flat!


It has come to my attention that Kansas is a hilly state. Flat like glass it is not. So we are obviously out of Oklahoma and soon to be out of Kansas, into Colorado.

Yesterday was so windy, we were going 4 mph in a very strong head wind at times. We also camped the other day. Fun but much more work and less amenities. Also heard tornado sirens the next morning. No sightings though, bummer.

Saw a tarantula on the road, didn't get close enough pictures though as he was moving pretty quickly. Played the alphabet game and grocery store game a bunch today. Helps pass the time when the scenery is all the same.  Also stopped again for ice cream. We all seem to be making it a necessary stop after every ride. I should start an ice cream/shake fund. 

Talent show tonight, at least I think that's the plan. I've got a great act. Video eventually. Nothing else really really exciting. Here are some pictures for you. Sorry for the not very detailed post. Got our next century tomorrow.


.
This is not flat! Lisa and Suz climbing up the hill

Clouds the other day

Patrick staring off into the distance thinking he can't go on...not  really...well sometimes

The long road in life

6 comments:

Lonely Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John Getchel said...

I see the tiniest glimpse of God’s creation in those pictures Dave. What an awesome sight it must be to see those wide vistas with your own eyes!

Check your email I made a landscape with Max I though you might like.

Are you asking for ice cream money? I think we can work something out.

Take care.

Dave said...

For the most part it is an awesome sight. Lots and lots of farm/flat/dead land though.

I was half serious, half joking about the ice cream fund. I don't know how it would work out anyways.

Unknown said...

Dave:

Aunt Chris and I are enjoying your blogs! We are 'close' to you (well we are in Wyoming on vacation and you are getting close to Colorado).

We pray you continue to have an awesome time and are lead by the Lord in safety and fellowship with others.

blessing, Unc Bob & Ant Chris

Lance's mom said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and commentary. Say "Hi" to Lance for me. Thanks