Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crash into me!

So today was my first crash. I'm fine but more importantly my bike is good and my camera still works.

Enjoy these pictures:



We are now in Ponca city, OK. Today was 74 miles. A bunch of head wind that most people didn't like. I didn't mind. Yesterday a couple of us rode to the bike shop and then to downtown Bartlesville. Checked out the only Frank Lloyd Wright skyscraper. Pretty cool. Didn't get pictures though. So here are some random ones.

Green plant objects

bike clinic

Bike clinic held for local kids

We have 8 days straight of riding with possible internet connection shortage. It's going to be awesome!

5 comments:

Chris said...

OK...What are the particulars of your ground encounter? You didn't say how it happened--was it the side wind? Anyway, now you can join the club of real bikers. You can't be a real biker unless you have some road rash scars. Welcome to the club. Next you need one on your shoulder :^)

Chris

GregK said...

Let's see...my predictions are:

1) Wheel catch -- slot rut, rail (please don't let this be it)
2) Roadside gravel (evil stuff)
3) Flat
4) Side mash or wheel touch
5) Gravity!

I bet at least of those caused or assisted in Dave's injuries. (Watch that gravity -- that stuff's everywhere.)

John Getchel said...

Yeah Dave what happened? I am sure glad you and your transportation are ok. And like Chris said if you don’t have road rash you haven’t been riding long enough. I like Greg check your blog almost every day and am awed by your progress.

Later, and always remember, “Keep the rubber side down.”

Dave said...

We were on the shoulder and a truck was broken down in it up ahead. I moved over onto the road and it had a lip. Hit the lip at the wrong angle and kinda got wedged between the lip and shoulder, fell and slid a little bit.

Prone to wander... said...

don't do that anymore