Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Flat!


So today was a long 84 mile day. Rolling hills though, so nothing major to climb. I got to the host site, we had one hill to ride up to get to the dorms and the ride felt funny. I knew I had a flat. Lame! My first flat of the trip. It would have been cool to go the whole trip flat free. Anyway, patched it up and should be good to go for tomorrow, another 80 mile day.

We're in Palaski, TN. Had dinner at the Mayor's house. Great food! Thank you everyone who helped!

We had some 80 mile days and sub 50 days over the last week. Yesterday though we had a 12% grade that went for a couple miles right in the beginning. It wasn't too bad, the day was only 45 miles. I'm good with hills so I was in the lead for the beginning and two others caught up and we rode to the top and descended together.

We've stayed in two different national guard armory's, camped last night in Sewanee by a lake and another dorm tonight. All in the span of 4 days.

Played some mafia a couple nights. Fun game. I think we have our first day off coming up this week in Memphis. Should be pretty fun, though I don't know what anyone's doing.

I could share more but It's late, I have to sort laundry and I don't remember the names of the people who gave us dinner last night. Sorry!
From the ride two days ago?
Cross a river. Which one? No idea...
At the first armory. No we didn't climb up it and have our picture taken on it...
Just plain cool.
A bridge from two or so days ago.

No comments: